Thursday 26 February 2009

Interview inspiration

I used this interview with a popular solo artist, Rihanna as an example for the format and style of the questions, as my star 'MC Bean' is as popular as her according to my magazine.

SHE’S ONE OF THE HOTTEST BABES IN POP, BUT 20-YEAR-OLD SINGER RIHANNA – WHOSE HITS INCLUDE UMBRELLA – WORKS HARD TO LOOK THIS GORGEOUS
Interview by Vicki Grimshaw

YOU have an amazing figure. How do you stay in shape?
A lot of hard work and a lot of running on the treadmill. Cardio is the key. I have a personal trainer who travels with me if we have a big event coming up. I work out every day but I need a trainer to motivate me – I don’t find it much fun working out on my own.

What do you like about your body?
My bum, and I keep working at it as I want it to be perfect. It makes my clothes look good – and guys like it!

And what do you like least?
My legs. I’m insecure about them. Everyone wants to have slim, perfectly-toned legs and I’m the same. I do weights but I don’t want my legs to bulk up so I do a lot of cardio. I’ve lost a lot of weight since I started working out and if I exercise every day for a week, I can drop several pounds. If I diet, I see even faster results.

Do you have a strict diet?
Carbs are the enemy but if I go three days without them, I start getting weak. If my trainer had her way, I’d eat small meals every three hours, but I sometimes only eat once or twice a day. I have egg whites and pineapple for breakfast with hot water and lemon. For lunch I have fish and potatoes. I hate vegetables but I make myself eat them. For dinner I have fish again.

Does size matter?
Not at all. My size varies – sometimes I’m a (US) 2, sometimes 4 (UK 6 or – but what matters is being fit and healthy. Being slim makes me feel better about myself. It boosts my self-esteem, and having a toned body helps with my job because I wear a lot of skimpy costumes. My weight fluctuates, but I don’t weigh myself every day. I’m 5ft 8in and weigh around 9st 7lb.

Would you have cosmetic surgery?
I don’t think so, but I can’t say for sure that I wouldn’t in the future. If my breasts started to drop, I might not like that. But for the next 20-25 years, I’m going to stay as natural as possible.

What’s the downside to fame?
I hardly get home to Barbados because I have a demanding schedule, and I do miss it. The bad thing is that I’m away from my culture, friends and family, and good home cooking. It’s tough being on your own in a hotel room on the other side of the world. But for every sad situation there’s a good one – I get to do amazing things and go to places I once could only dream of.

Tell us about the gossip that you and Jay-Z are more than just friends…
Rumours come with the territory and you can’t help these things.

Or that you are dating singer Chris Brown?
I’m single. If a good guy comes along we’ll make it work, but for now I’m having fun being a single woman.

Who’s your ideal man?
One who makes me happy, makes me laugh, and keeps me in good spirits.

Rihanna is headlining at The O2 Arena, London, on March 7. Her third album, Good Girl Gone Bad, is out now

No comments: